Tamarindo, Costa Rica: Highlights
- 1.5hrs drive (south) from the Liberia International Airport. You will pass cities like: Playa Hermosa, Playas del Coco and Playa Grande (which is not really a city – just a nice beach).
- Bottomline…Tamarindo is hell FUN! Great beach city filled with surfers from around the world! The bad part is…mostly young adults from Southern California. This city can get off-the-hook from the young crowd. Great city to party and surf!
- This is a fairly large beach city in Costa Rica, you can find many hotels from cheap to expensive. The average price is around $50 – 60 night. Hotels on the beach will be in the $100 – 150/night.
- There’s no shortage of bars here! Of all the beach cities in CR, I think Tamarindo is the biggest “hook-up” beach city – more so than Jaco! Plenty of good looking people here looking to have a great time.
- This is a tourist mecca, so prices will be higher than smaller beach cities.
- One of the nicest beaches in CR is just north of you – Playa Grande. Take a day trip there – its less than a 15 min drive.
- High season is from December to April, but you can come here year-round. This area of Costa Rica (Guanacaste) has a drier climate so it rains less.
- Other than surfing and drinking…you can fish, scuba, zipline or take a day trip to the hotsprings up north in Arenal Volcanos.
Roadhouse 30min Guides: Living on $1,000 a Month in Bangkok, Thailand! Coming soon to all “digital bookstores!” I will be releasing my new Expat’s Guides to my favorite international cities! I will make the announcement on my facebook fan page